Hearing loss is a common ailment that affects both young and old, though it is most common in people over the age of 40.
What is hearing loss?
The words ‘hearing loss’ or ‘hearing impairment’ are used to describe the inability to pick up sound or hear things around you, either completely or partially. There are varying degrees of hearing loss, ranging from mild to severe hearing loss and profoundly deaf. Individuals suffering from hearing loss can be affected in a number of ways and it can often cause emotional, physical and mental strain that can impact negatively on all areas of life.
Thankfully there are a number of solutions for every degree of hearing loss. The team at Click Hearing are fully trained to help you find the best solution for your individual needs.
Symptoms of Hearing Loss
- Do people seem to mumble or speak in a softer voice than they used to?
- When you are in a group, or in a crowded restaurant, is it difficult for you to follow the conversation?
- Do you often need to turn up the volume on your TV or radio?
- Do you find it difficult to pinpoint where a noise is coming from?
- Has someone close to you mentioned that you might have a problem with your hearing?
If you have answered YES to one or more of the above questions you could be suffering from hearing loss. Contact us for more information and to book an appointment.